The stage is set, the lights are gleaming brighter than ever, and yet again… the last two teams face-off for the most prestigious award in U.S. hockey, the Stanley Cup trophy.
The New Jersey Devils after eliminating the #1 seed, New York Rangers on Friday night in the Eastern Conference Final will face the hottest team in the NHL playoffs, the Los Angeles Kings.
Both the Devils and the Kings fly around their offensive zones and can easily develop odd-man-rushes when the opponent makes a mistake. The New York Rangers learned this the hard way, while the Phoenix Coyotes found out just how good the Kings are playing in the Western Conference.
The New Jersey Devils will look to win its fourth Stanley Cup as the franchise makes its fifth trip to the finals. New Jersey has managed to lift the trophy three out of the four times and knows exactly how to win in these crucial times.
As for the Los Angeles Kings, the organization has never won a championship in their 41-year existence. The Kings had reached the Stanley Cup Finals in 1993, but had lost to the Montreal Canadiens. The franchise hopes to make 2012 their year.
The 2012 Stanley Cup between the [#6] Devils and the [#8] Kings is guaranteed to have all the offensive firepower it needs to make these finals a spectacular series for the sport of hockey and its fans.
Don’t miss a game of excitement. Below is the full schedule of the 2012 Stanley Cup Finals.
• Game 1 – Wednesday, May 30 – 8:00 PM – NBC, CBC, RDS
• Game 2 – Saturday, June 2 – 8:00 PM – NBC, CBC, RDS
• Game 3 – Monday, June 4 – 8:00 PM – NBCSN, CBC, RDS
• Game 4 – Wednesday, June 6 – 8:00 PM – NBCSN, CBC, RDS
• Game 5 [If needed] – Saturday, June 9 – 8:00 PM – NBC, CBC, RDS
• Game 6 [If needed] – Monday, June 11 – 8:00 PM – NBC, CBC, RDS
• Game 7 [If needed] – Wednesday, June 13 – 8:00 PM – NBC, CBC, RDS
About Blog Surface
If you’re someone with a sports passion or athletic inclination, then subscribe to Blog Surface and join this ever-growing community of the world’s greatest sports fans!